So there are no pictures to go with this post but I had to share our fantastic day yesterday.

So we got together with a few friends here in the park that live in Cleveland, GA year round to go do some tubing. We did about a 5 mile stretch of the Chattahoochee river on tubes, it took about 5.5 to 6 hours. This wasn’t ran by one of the tubing companies in town, we just drove down to the river, unloaded our stuff, took two of the cars to the end and headed out. There were a few people kayaking or canoeing down the river but we were the only one in tubes. As one of the kayaks passed us they asked if we had ever taken a tube down this part of the river before and when we all said no they kind of chuckled. Later we saw them standing on a beach and they were pointing at us and laughing. Not sure why though, it was a long trip but it was amazing.

About a half hour after we got in the water it started dumping rain and I mean it was raining hard. The rain was a little cold but we were good with it, we were already wet right!!! So we are crusin along and a HUGE clap of thunder struck. It was loud as hell and right over the top of us. Within seconds of the thunder came the lightning bolt, Holey Crap you have never seen 8 people get out of the water so quick. We sat on the shore freezing for about 45 minutes waiting for the storm to pass. We really had no choice but to wait it out and finish the trip down river, we were in the middle of nowhere. After the storm passed we all got back in the water. It was much warmer in the water then it was standing on the shore in the rain.

The rest of the trip was fairly uneventful. There were quite a few pretty good size rapids. For some reason every time I was about ready to go down one of the rapids my tube would turn around so I was going down backwards. A couple of the group got flipped out of their tubes and we lost the cooler once but we saved it. At one point I went over this rapid and instead of floating away it just kept pulling me back in. There was no way I could have gotten out of my tube because the water was rushing fast. I just kept pushing off with my stick and finally got myself out of it. I think I am the only one that didn’t get my legs beat up on the rocks, we are all a little sore today though. It was a beautiful trip and I really wish I had a water resistant phone so I could have taken some pictures. We already have a plan to do it again when we come back here.

After tubing we all went over to Mickey and Michelle’s for a BBQ. We ate some great food and laughed about our day